The new BICsuite Version 2.8 has been available to our customers since October 2017. The key new features in BICsuite 2.8:
- Many features of the PROFESSIONAL/ENTERPRISE Edition of BICsuite are now available with BICsuite BASIC/schedulix.
(Exit State Translations, Dependencies with Conditions, Milestones, Asynchronous and After Final Trigger, Finish Child Trigger, Folder Environments, Folder Resources, Batch/Job internal Resources (Resource Templates), Resource Trigger, Writable Resource Parameters)
- Parameters can now be of any length.
- Paremeters of type PARAMETER and RESULT can now be changed using the web GUI.
- If a job is restarted one or mor e times, every single run will be recorded now.
- Resource expirations can be ignored on rerun now.
- The batch in folder convention is now supported in copy/cut and paste from the content tabs of folders.
- A new dependency Mode (DEFER IGNORE) has been introduced.The dependencies will be ignored if the required batch/job is not submitted in time.
- The ‘SET USER’ API command allows for temporarily change of the user without reconnect.
- The WITH clause of SELECT commands now supports names to be quoted, to ease the generation of API commands using SQL.
- Now also writing transactions can be processed multithreaded.
- Ports to IBM AIX, LinuxOne, Z-Linux
The new BICsuite Version 2.7 has been available to our customers since April 2016. The key new features in BICsuite 2.7:
- Children of batches and jobs can be temporarily excluded from processing by setting the ‘disabled’ flag. Dependency relations of the whole process will be kept intact.
- Setting an ‘export name’ in the parameter definition of a job will make the parameter available to the job as environment variable.
- triggers can now also be defined with the triggered job.
- A new ‘local’ suspend mode allows children of batches or jobs to continue processing.
- A FINAL exit state can be defined as ‘broken state’ in exit state definitions now.
- Restart triggers will now fire also for the job states BROKEN_FINISHED and ERROR.
- Restart triggers can set a ‘Warning’, when the maximum number of restarts is reached.
- A job can be set to a defined exit state, when the maximum number of restarts is reached.
- Objects can be commented with multiple comments now
- A ‘manage nice profiles’ system privilege allows non ADMIN users to work with nice profiles.
- The export of objects can be configured to produce a backward compatible export file.
- The BICsuite repository now supports DB2 and Informix RDBMS.
The new BICsuite Version 2.6.1 has been available to our customers since March 2015. The key new features in BICsuite 2.6.1 are:
- Automatic deletion and optional archiving of historic runtime information limits size growth of the BICsuite repository and reduces maintenance cost.
- Additional attributes deliver detailed information supporting statistic analysis of job run times.
- Administrators can suspend batches or jobs such, that administrator privileges are required to resume them.
- With Nice Profiles administrators now can easily suspend, change priorities and resume groups of batches or jobs without changing batch or job definitions. Thus dealing with exceptional situations causing backlog processing is simplified.
The new BICsuite Version 2.6 has been available to our customers since July 2014. The key new features in BICsuite 2.6 are:
- The server parameter MinHistoryCount allows low frequency master jobs to stay in memory for a longer period.
- The server parameter MaxHistoryCount can be used to preserve memory by keeping less high frequent master jobs in memory.
- The scope of sticky resource allocations can be defined more precise by a name and a parent. Critical regions within the same master batch can now be implemented more easily.
- Server startup times have been reduced.
- Bookmarks are now available for the ‘Submit Batches and Jobs’ dialog.
- Bookmarks can be selected directly using an option field without visiting the ‘Bookmarks’ dialog.
- New user properties allow the configuration of timestamp time zone and output format.
- Mixed case identifiers will no longer be converted to upper case on rename.